I have a pair of thrifted gray slacks with wide legs that are out of style and very much "dated". I wanted to make them look a little more up to date, so I made the legs a little narrower.
- I ripped out the hem, so the fabric wouldn't bunch up when I got ready to stitch the leg.
- I took another pair of slacks and outlined the leg width that I wanted and marked it with chalk.
- I proceeded to stitch the outside of the legs making them about 2 inches narrower at the bottom leg than they were before.
- Cut off the excess fabric.
- Cut 1" off the bottom length
|Before (inside out)|