Friday, November 22, 2013

Top 5 Places for My DIY Inspiration


To be inspired..........




I admit, I'm not the most artistic person on the planet.  Heck, I'm not even the most artistic person in my family.  I have a strong desire to be creative but coming up with a new idea is not my strongpoint, so I thought I would share the top 5 places I get inspiration...

  1. Fellow bloggers.... there are hundreds if not thousands upon thousands of individuals who blog and share their DIY projects with the world.  Almost every day I read several blogs that I follow.  They have the most amazing ideas and yes - I will be borrowing them (giving credit where credit is due of course).
  2. Search engines....I search using google, bing, and yahoo on a fairly regular basis using the "image" option.  This process often leads me back to #1 above.
  3. Magazines.... most recently Country Living; especially since I subscribe to that one.  It has some of the most wonderful articles and pictures that inspire me.
  4. Pinterest.... I'm new to pinterest, and don't always remember to go there; but what I have seen, pinned, and followed have been great ideas.
  5. Facebook....I've been on Facebook for a few years now; but only recently started following folks who share their DIY projects

So there you have it.... I want to personally thank all of the hard working, creative people out there who share their projects, tutorials, and pictures.

Where do you get your inspiration?  I'd love to hear from you!