Monday, January 27, 2014

Hooray for Headboards


Hello All, I hope everyone had a splendid weekend.  I feel accomplished in that I finished off a couple of projects that are being posted on my other blog.

www.dbablondiesboutique.blogspot.com

But this post is to share this headboard I scored for FREE.  Yep, that's right FREE.  A week ago I was checking behind a local shopping center for "finds" when low and behold the first dumpster I came across had this twin size headboard leaning up against the railing.  No, it wasn't inside the dumpster; so technically it wasn't dumpster diving.  It took a bit of tugging and pulling to get inside my mini SUV; but I managed.  I've already wiped it down and started to sanded.  But I thought I'd better get a before picture because I tend to get excited about projects and forget to take one.  I don't think the makeover will take very long; but since I only work on my projects on weekends; it may be a couple of weeks.  I haven't decided on a color for this; so if you have suggestions - I would welcome them.  Paint colors in stock are:  babbling brook by Valspar; Dallas Cowboy Gray by Behr (old); a dark green exterior paint from Walmart (old); Creamy Linen by Farmhouse Paint; and Almond oil based pay by Rustoleum.  I don't really want to buy more paint; so those are the choices to pick from.  I also have some cover stain; but have learned that priming and painting tends to be a long process between coats because of my schedule and weather.

Like me on facebook:

www.facebook.com/dbablondiesboutique

Have a wonderful blessed day,
Blondie