Monday, March 3, 2014

It was a Trashy Day - Furniture Rescue


I hope everyone had a splendid weekend.  I put in my first "Volunteer Day" at the thrift store where I have my booth on Saturday.  Not accustomed to being on my feet all day presented quite a challenge. But I held out and made it through the day.

On Sunday; although it was misty and raining off and on, I had a good trashy day.

Its hard to tell; but the items I rescued from going to the landfill are the desk (actually a vanity), and the twin bed (headboard, footboard, and rails).  I had to make two separate runs to pick up both items; but I managed to get them into my Tribute and back home into the garage.  You can tell by looking at the desk/vanity; that someone attempted a repaint job; but it didn't stick very well.  It is peeling and there is no paint left on the top.  The mirror was missing from the vanity (not pictured); but I'm hoping honey will be able to help me replace it.  It will be a while before I get to either of these projects.

Also pictured are some frames I picked up at the New 2 U resale store and one I pulled out of a dumpster a few weeks ago.  I don't really do much actual dumpster diving.  I just drive around a couple of spots toward the end of the month and see what's sitting next to the dumpsters.  Then if I can manage; I rescue them and take them home.

Have a blessed day and week!
Blondie