Tuesday, March 8, 2016

MY KINDLE & FREE EBOOKS


I confess!  As an anniversary gift of choice for working with my company for 15 years; I picked and received a Kindle. There wasn’t really anything else that interested me. When the Kindle came out (as well as other ebook readers), I was not very excited about them.  I guess you could say I am old school.  I preferred the idea of seeing, touching, holding, and saving a physical book.  I still do in many instances.  But, after a friend told me that you can get ebooks for FREE, I thought what the heck? I’m going to check this out. 

The first couple of experiences weren’t very good.  It seemed the few FREE ebooks I selected were the first in a series of books.  Not wanting to get into that trap, I was pretty disappointed.  After all, you can buy physical books at garage sales, rummage sales, etc… for practically nothing.  Not to mention annual Friends of the Library sales as well as checking out books from the library. 

My friend, an experienced ebook reader, shared a website with me that emails daily recommendations to me based on my pre-selected interests.  That website is https://www.bookbub.com/home .  It automatically links me up with ebooks from various sources.  Some free, some not free.  Lots of bestsellers!  It has allowed me to download several that I can save and read later.  As any experienced ebook reader will attest… carrying one e-reader when traveling is so much more convenient than packing multiple books especially if you are going to be sitting idle for long periods of time.  And this my fine friends is what I’m excited about.  I’ll be going on an annual trip next week and only need to carry one book… my Kindle.  Of course, I will have to keep it charged as I’m sure anyone will tell you… so I confess – I now LOVE my e-reader aka Kindle.
For me it was FREE (best bargain ever), and most of the ebooks I've downloaded were FREE as well.  I only purchased one ebook and it was much less expensive than a hard copy. 
Next I'll have to check out how the public library ebook system works.
Thanks all, and have a beautiful blessed day!
Blondie
 
Disclosure:  The above post is my own opinion.  I have not been compensated monetarily or with gifts of any kind by any company associated with the products mentioned in this post.